Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure
within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
BSCS Services Engineer in ITSS CD-BSS SEE/Greece Location Athens, GR
The Integration engineer can be expected to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a Node / network / system. Scope could include the scenarios of Introduction, upgrade expansion / functionality and capacity) this to form part of customer legacy.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Work on Systems Integration Projects (Ericsson BSCS Solution) with the following responsibilities:
Requirements specification, analysis and design
- Solution development, implementation
- Solution installation, configuration and integration (work with the customer on-site, or from the back-office as a member of the development team)
Participate in the support activities related to the solution maintenance:
- Support maintenance of the solutions
- Handling of upgrades of Ericsson or third party products
- Handling of error corrections
- Follow-up Customer satisfaction
- Interface with Ericsson’s Global Expertise Centers.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Telco ICT.
Knowledge of solutions and experience in the area of Billing - preferably Ericsson BSCS.
Knowledge of other Billing Systems and/or CRM is a plus.
Experience in most of the following:
Advanced Knowledge of DataBases (Oracle, SQL Plus, PL/SQL)
- Advanced Knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux, Solaris)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, python, shell script …)
- java/j2ee/xml and general development skills
Client facing experience. Ability to engage and constantly communicate with the customer in the context of the work.
Excellent command of English (both
spoken and written).
Strong team player / ability to guide and lead others / knowledge sharing attitude / "can do" attitude.
General "open source"