IKEA is the leading company in the world in home furnishings including 347 stores in 43 countries. IKEA started its operation in Greece through House
Market, a member of Fourlis Group of Companies, counting today 5 stores in Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki, Larissa, Ioannina) and 5 Pick-Up-Point (Rhodes,
Patras, Chania, Irakleio, Komotini), 1 store in Cyprus (Nicosia) and 1 in Bulgaria (Sofia).
With a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people, for our Head office in Athens, we are looking for:
Commercial Activity Executive (ref: ComAct_1014)
Reporting to the Sales & Range Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for:
- Creating commercial activities to support steering of the Company’s Gross Profit, while securing the return of each investment.
- Based on the priorities set, in collaboration with the commercial team and marketing, to lead the commercial calendar process and store activities in Greece & Cyprus.
- Creating the brief for each commercial theme or action, by structuring targets, objectives, activities and incorporating the input from all relevant functions, providing stores with a detailed action & time plan.
- Understanding the potential of national commercial opportunities and acting on these, by selecting and communicating our products effectively to maximize sales and generate more visits
- Supporting a fast & successful implementation of planned activity changes, to ensure the most commercial expression at all times for the customers
- Monitoring the visitors flow & behavior in each Market, and benchmark with Sales KPIs trends in each store, implementing commercial activities which will drive traffic to the stores
- Analyzing & evaluating competitors’ commercial activities, proposing activities that support the company’s strategy as the leader in the Home Furnishing Market
- Evaluating performance & implementation of all actions related with the Commercial Calendar, gather input from all stores and ensuring that all good practices are going to be transferred accordingly
- Controlling, steering and following up all operating costs and P&L elements related to your area of responsibility
- Motivating, energizing people working in the store within the Sales function to optimize set-up, presentation and commercial performance of each activity
The People we seek:
You lead by example
- You have the constant desire for renewal
- You dare to be different while striving to meet reality and being cost conscious.
- You are humble and willing to accept and delegate responsibility.
- You have a hands on and Customer service driven approach.
- You have passion for retailing
- 2 years’ experience in Trade Marketing or Key Account Management, in the retail or FMCG Sector
- Market experience with planning, implementing and evaluating commercial/marketing activities
- Strong analytical skills and commercial thinking
- Very good planning, organizing and follow up skills
- Very good interpersonal skills and team oriented personality
- Inspiring & innovative
- Achievement drive, initiative taking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- University Degree, (a Post Graduate degree will be considered as an asset)
- Very good command of the Greek and English language
- Very good knowledge of Ms Office
- Able to relocate, if needed, for work reasons
- Career and development prospects in one of the most successful commercial groups in Greece
- Extensive continuous training
- Competitive remuneration package
Please send your complete resume by 17/10/2014