Network & Systems Administrator
You will join our ICT team under the R&D Division. The department is responsible for the support of all IT operations conducted within the company premises, plus the Wide Area Network infrastructure. You will bring domain specific knowledge, skills and best practices to an ICT team of talented professionals who have created an ISO 27001 certified operational environment (operating 24/7 from ISP hosted data center, in house data center and disaster recovery data center and Microsoft Office365). You should be able to demonstrate your technical competency, perseverance and a practical and systematic approach to maintain mission critical local (150 users) and wide area network infrastructures.
Configure, maintain and troubleshoot:
- Windows 2003/8 servers used as MS SQL Servers, IIS, Web servers, ftp servers, Exchange servers
- Hyper-V virtualization
- Blade Servers with RAID SAN systems
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Hardware Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco)
- Network Load Balancing mechanisms
- AVAYA PBX with LMDS and /or land lines (DSL, ADSL)
- IPSEC VPN
- Remote access VPN
- Office 365
- Proactively ensure the highest level of availability for 24/7 mission critical network infrastructure
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Undertake any ad hoc technical work associated with the planning, administration, installation and operational support of 24/7 networks and systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Provide 3rd level support when needed
- University and/or Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field
- 5 - 7 years of relevant working experience in a similar position
- Experience with TCP/IP based technologies and protocols related to e-mail and other electronic collaboration tools, namely DNS, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, WINS, SFTP, HTTP(S), NNTP, and LDAP.
- Familiarity with Cisco Network Equipment (routers, switches)
- Working knowledge in switched VLAN topologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex technology solutions and deliver results.
- Excellent command of the English Language (Level C2)
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- ECDL IT Administrator or CCNA certification will be considered an asset
- Hands on experience in F5 link controllers and Linux/Nagios will be considered an asset
- Awareness of cloud and virtualization concepts
To apply for this position in confidence, please send your résumé via e-mail to email@example.com mentioning the reference code (NSA1014).
With millions of exams delivered in over 135 countries across the globe, PEOPLECERT offers globally recognised certifications (such as ITIL®, PRINCE2®, various ISO qualifications and others) as well as customized assessment tools and validation services for government & private-sector certification and licensure programmes around the world.
Through flexible & secure exam management systems, PEOPLECERT offers a suite of services for simple, flexible and secure exams, including online exam booking, multilingual online proctoring, e-certificates and online certificate verification.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize that our strength lies in our people. Our culture is young, ambitious and challenging and we actively promote training, team spirit and knowledge sharing.