Deloitte offers excellent career opportunities for entry level positions within our Enterprise Risk Services department based in Athens. The role calls for someone who is ambitious, with attention to detail, excellent communication skills and has the ability to work on his own initiative and as part of a team. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment, hands-on experience and the chance to understand the practice of internal audit /risk advisory.
It is a unique opportunity to gain practical experience, an invaluable insight into working life and a great way of understanding how one of the leading multidisciplinary professional services firm works.
Deloitte Greece is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
In Greece, “Deloitte Hadjipavlou Sofianos & Cambanis S.A.” provides audit services, “Deloitte Business Solutions Hadjipavlou Sofianos & Cambanis S.A.” financial advisory, tax and consulting services and “ Deloitte Accounting Compliance & Reporting Services SA” accounting outsourcing services. With a staff of more than 580 and offices in Athens and Thessaloniki, Deloitte Greece focuses on all major industries including financial services; shipping; energy; consumer business; life sciences & health care and public sector services. Deloitte clients include most of the leading private and public, commercial, financial and industrial companies. For more information, please visit our website at www.deloitte.gr
Deloitte Enterprise Risk Services (ERS)
Deloitte ERS offers a wide array of services, designed to identify and assess business and IT risks, determine acceptable exposure levels, implement controls, provide ongoing measurement / monitoring of the level of risk, and provide follow-up and constant monitoring of the risk and regulatory environment. We partner with clients in both an assurance and consulting capacity and based on increasing demand for our services, we are looking to recruit an Senior Internal Auditor to join our expanding team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Deloitte is the leading provider of risk services and therefore offers a wide array of project types and the opportunity to work on high profile projects and clients that are leaders in their industry. You will be given the opportunity to obtain a practical understanding and develop your knowledge on current internal audit practices, risk advisory and regulatory compliance services. Indicatively, working as Senior Internal Auditor will involve the following:
- Using appropriate auditing techniques, methods and standards, including specialized audit software.
- Participating in Internal Audit engagements.
- Performing External Quality Assessments of Internal Audit units.
- Providing an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, procedures, processes, systems and controls and detail any required remedial action, where weaknesses are identified with a focus on using regulatory requirements and best practice standards and frameworks.
- Delivering Enterprise Risk Management services.
- Participating in Sarbanes Oxley engagements.
- Participating in Compliance Review and Corporate Governance engagements.
- Preparing Internal Policies and Procedures Manuals towards establishing an effective Internal Control System Framework.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of work undertaken.
- Reporting to engagement manager.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in Business, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit or other related areas.
- Professional Certification (eg. CIA, ACCA, CISA, ACA) will be considered as a plus.
- Working experience up to 5 years in a relevant position. Experience in the Construction Industry will be considered as a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Greek and English. Required English language qualification: Proficiency of Cambridge / Michigan.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge on the use of ACL will be considered as a plus.
- Army obligations fulfilled.
- Focus on delivering work of high quality.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strive for high ethical standards at all times.
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Eagerness to learn and evolve.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively within a team.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning, dynamic teamwork and
cutting edge solutions for clients, you're ready for Deloitte!
Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae to [Για να στείλετε τo βιογραφικό σας κάντε κλικ εδώ] quoting the reference code IAS.11/14. All applications will be considered in strict confidence and will be acknowledged promptly. Any personal information you submit through the recruitment process will be used in accordance with the laws of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.