Why does the BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER EDUCATION PARTNER role exist?
Microsoft is proactively engaging in a transition to becoming a devices, software and services company. Part of this transformation & helping transform an education agenda for the 21st Century and is about much more than providing a child with a low-cost computing device. Central to the success of these projects is an end to end and holistic approach that combines not just devices, but also systems architecture, applications, content, training, services and clear definition of outcomes that can be measure and supported by all the stakeholders. From devices to back end infrastructure, from applications and content to training and support, Microsoft’s commitment to education and the solutions available to support almost any approach mean we have an unprecedented opportunity to win these large 1:1 opportunities both in K12, Higher Education (HE) and Further Education (FE).
Microsoft will enable its partner ecosystem to drive holistic education reform at every level – federal, state/regional and local. No other company in the world can enable a holistic approach to education reform that includes systems architecture, applications, content, professional development, digital access, and a clear definition of measurable learning outcomes. From devices to back end infrastructure, from applications and content to training and support, Microsoft’s commitment to education and the solutions available to support almost any approach mean we have an unprecedented opportunity to win in Education.
- Drive attainment of local revenue based incentive (RBI) objectives
- Grow Market Share
- Deliver business discipline and results
- Provide people leadership and development
- 8–10 years of related experience
- MBA/Master’s Degree
- Extensive experience in business development, partner management or account management positions
- Passion for Education and ICT: Likes to win and is passionate about making a strong contribution to future generations.
- Strategic focus and analytical skills enabling comprehension of complex technical, business, and legal issues leading to the formation and execution of successful end to end partner strategies
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in relationship building cross-group relationships
- Solid understanding of partner programs and partner ecosystems to ensure leverage, optimization and collaboration with existing resources
- A proven sales and sales management track record that includes extensive direct contact with customers and partners and an ability to develop and implement successful sales plans
- Ability to win in a highly competitive environment - proven ability to successfully address competitive threats, navigate complex customer environments and make the appropriate judgment calls to succeed
- Executive maturity and presence to appropriately represent Microsoft to senior IT and Business executives at our customers and partners. This includes the ability to understand
- key industry drivers, issues and solutions, distribution channels, partners and analyst insights
- Marketing concepts
- Ability to perform inbound marketing analysis
- Ability to determine and implement appropriate marketing plan and strategy
- Ability to plan and execute marketing events
- Ability to conduct effective presentations to all levels of clients (internal & external)
- Ability to effectively manage a marketing budget
- Demonstrable experience of executing marketing with sales as a partner