Oracle Commerce (ATG and Endeca) is the industry's leading cross-channel commerce solution powering some of the world's best brands. Our e-commerce software solutions enable customers to deliver a consistent, relevant, and personalized cross-channel buying experience for their customers.
As part of the Retail Global Business Unit, Oracle Commerce Consulting provides specialised Oracle Commerce skills and experience to Oracle Retail clients and System Integrators focused on making each implementation or upgrade project a success, providing continued specialised Oracle Commerce enhancement assistance, and helping clients in realising a return on investment in the Oracle Commerce platform.
To develop customised Oracle Commerce applications with demonstrable expertise and skills in Web application design and development as well as Oracle
Commerce product knowledge.
This person will become an important project resource as part of a larger consulting team or an individual technical consultant on for-fee product implementation, enhancement, integration, or audit projects. Design complexity may range from fairly straight forward to moderately complex, with single or multiple products, and involving multiple technical environments.
Expertise and work efforts focus on:
Understanding technical specifications and writing code to these specifications, within deadlines laid out in the project plan. The candidate operates
under minimal supervision on medium to large size projects involving multiple products and/or platforms. This person works closely with a technical lead
(on larger projects), an architect, a project manager, and possibly other consultants. The Senior Consultant achieves results through strong subject matter
expertise, collaboration, and teamwork. To perform at this level, a strong analytic capability and solid Oracle Commerce (ATG or Endeca) product knowledge
are desired. The ability to communicate effectively with team members and others within the customer organization is a must.
This role requires travel throughout Europe and the Middle East. Candidates must be willing to travel between remote sites sometimes for extended periods depending on project plans. Candidates must be authorised to work in the EU. Consequently, major European language skills (such French, Spanish, or German) would be considered an advantage.
- Functionally reports to Practice Manager for general performance
- Reports to the Oracle Project Sponsor for individual project delivery responsibilities
- Works on designated projects
- Works as required with designated Oracle Partners and third parties
- Supports the consulting and licence sales process
- Supports project management by estimating level of effort for highly complex projects
- Ability to gather business requirements, functional requirements, test plans, etc.
- Works towards geography Consulting utilisation target and project profitability targets
- Analyse customer requirements and functional requirements in order to write technical specifications.
- Understand technical specifications and write code to these specifications; unit test code.
- Ability to estimate level of effort to code and test moderately difficult to complex requirements.
- Create key project deliverables, including technical specifications, unit tests, and tested code.
- Participate in Oracle Commerce project teams through the entire software development life cycle for the creation of Oracle Commerce and/or customer care centre solutions.
- Contribute to the growth of Oracle business and improvement of PSO service delivery through the creation and sharing of knowledge on project experiences.
- Submit status updates on all project activities to the project manager.
- Must be willing to undertaken European travel
- Regularly update the client on progress
- Submit status updates on activities when requested by the project manager
- Create key project deliverables, including design documents, unit test cases, code etc.
- Secure client satisfaction
Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field is required. A combination of 3-5 years of experience in relevant industry business practices, business consulting, and/or technical consulting is required; retail and telecommunications sectors are most desired. In addition, the following are essential skills required (or desired, where noted) to perform well in this position:
At least 3 years’ experience in building J2EE applications, particularly enterprise web apps
- Experience in working with industry-standard application servers (e.g., JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere)
- Strong understanding of Databases (Oracle preferred), Database Administration is a plus
- Experience Database/Data Schema Design is desired
- Experience with build processes and tools (Ant, Maven, etc.)
- Good understanding of tuning complex systems and demonstrable analytic skills in tracing problems
- Extensive experience Working in various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Ability to write and deliver technical documents to internal and external clients.
- Must be able to present ideas very clearly in written and spoken communications; experience presenting to or facilitating meetings
Experience and ability to installing and configuring at least one of the following products: Oracle ATG Commerce, Oracle Endeca, Knowledge, Commerce
Service Center (CSC), Search
- Experience developing in Java and working with HTML. Knowledge of XML/XSL/XSD
- Knowledge of Java thread and memory dumps and when to use them
- Good understanding of Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, RESTful)
- Source control processes & tools (Perforce, Subversion, code branching) is a plus
- Development experience on an Oracle ATG platform is a major plus although experience in developing in any major, Java platform is also highly desirable
- Experience working on system integrations (particularly third-party systems such as OMS, search, ERP, payment)
- Knowledge of system architecture, system sizing and/or J2EE components
Experience and ability to work independently, particularly as a member of a virtual or geographically dispersed team
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to uncover new business opportunities is a plus
- Understanding of project delivery methodologies (other than SDLC) is desired
- Estimating level of effort for projects/customizations for highly complex projects is desired. Must be able to estimate level of effort for moderately
- Good interpersonal skills, including client-facing skills at all levels of a client organization
- Focus on Customer satisfaction (setting/managing expectations, meeting/exceeding expectations, creating delighted clients)
- Coaching more junior members of the team and periodically contributing performance feedback
- Other European languages highly desirable
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, business processes, or technology designs within a product/technology family.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and
clients. Ability to travel as needed.