Diageo, the world’s leading premium drinks business, is seeking a Data Developer to join its experienced award-winning Global Diageo Business Services. With an unrivalled collection of global brands including SMIRNOFF, JOHNNIE WALKER, BAILEYS and GUINNESS, we employ over 30,000 talented people worldwide with offices in around 80 countries and offer exceptional and varied experience for you.
Global Diageo Business Services (GDBS) is passionate about creating value for Diageo by driving exceptional business performance through the design and delivery of analytical solutions, integrated processes, systems and data, and managing total costs through excellence in service delivery. The role of the Data Developer is to ensure that the technology required for the DQ&G team is fit for purpose and to support the use of this technology across the team
The purpose of this role is support the delivery and maintenance of high quality data for the data domain teams, and to work with data change projects to ensure high quality data deliverables
Execution of the technical data strategy as defined by technical manager and Data Quality and Governance (DQ&G) director
- Manage the configuration of existing toolset for both data quality and KPI system
- Develop analytical capability (enhancing both existing tools and investigating new methods and tools)
- Work closely with the Data Quality and Governance team on the delivery of data solutions
- Work closely with projects to on Data Developer Manager deliverables to support the expansion of the domain workload as new processes and data elements are introduced
Qualifications and experience required
Degree level education, preferably with minimum of 3 years Data Management/related discipline experience, either within Diageo or another consumer goods
company (or equivalent in consultancy).
- Business definition of data and data objects within the context of both logical and physical data models.
- Business design of KPIs and reporting mechanisms.
- Performed data and information reconciliation within the SAP environment
- Ideally worked with external data agencies in acquiring or transferring data
- Data Lead on medium sized project or Data Analyst on large SBM Project (SAP implementation) – understands project management discipline
- Excellent understanding of data management disciplines and their business benefits.
- Capability to analyse data, getting the maximum benefit from the data quality/management toolset within DQ&G – must have skillset to match DQ&G
- A rounded business/technical data hybrid, with the emphasis on understanding and presenting data in a business context
- Deep understanding of SAP Landscape & Environment, preferably within Diageo context.