Accounting Country Lead
Accounting and Controls
Ultimate accountability for the accuracy of country financial statements
- Oversee the timely and accurate submission of the accounting books and records in accordance with US and Local GAAP and HP financial policies and ensure a
strong system of internal controls over the accuracy of financial reporting:
- Ensure effective governance of the country organization, including integration of new entities acquired by HP.
- Liaise with local government agencies on tax incentives/government funding awarded to HP and associated investment commitments, as approved by Tax.
- Support compliance programs and projects
- Ensure that the country's SOX key controls are functioning through ongoing monitoring, review, and driving accountability.
- Proactively implement remediation actions to address internal and external audit findings and/or SOX testing failures within the country.
- Conduct frequent reviews of balance sheet account reconciliation quality, balance sheet fluctuations, and unusual accounting judgments and contingent
- Proactively identify and mitigate business and financial risks originating from internal and external sources
- Provide proactive leadership to address any "finance issues” that may arise in country.
- Provide leadership in the management and safeguarding of all HP country assets
- Own BCP for Controllership in the country and ensuring the existence of a BCP plan for each Finance partner in the country
- Work with C&C, EFR, GBS, HPFS, Tax, Treasury and FS functions to optimize their support and facilitate their function's goal achievement.
- Oversee the compliance with all local laws and regulations, HP policies and standards of business conduct through strong oversight and active engagement of
the country's leadership team
- Act as the senior country contact on behalf of HP with government regulatory institutions
- Lead the country Ethical Leadership Council for SBC adoption and compliance in country and be part of regional SBC network.
Develop, motivate, lead and manage the country team to meet business and compliance objectives
- Strengthen talent management and employee engagement across all in-country finance functions as the country leader
- Manage development plans, performance evaluations, and 1-on-1 feedback to effectively drive a high-performance culture
- Finance Strategy and Transformation
- Continuously improve the Finance function effectiveness and efficiency towards the Finance Vision of One Time, One Team and One Trusted Partner
- Sponsor change initiatives driven by the Finance Transformation
- Actively lead in-region and in-country Finance process improvements to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as the champion for positive change and employee engagement in your country
Education and Experience Required:
- Business Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certification in Accountant Class A’ is a must
- MBA or Masters in Accounting or Finance would be an asset
- SAP knowledge and multinational firm experience is required
10+ years of relevant experience
- Statutory Director and Country Senior Leadership Team Member
- HR Activity Representation (Works Councils, Trade Unions, etc.)
- Bank Signatory
- SBC Council Lead
Ability to solve problems, anticipates needs, develop and propose innovative solutions and get agreement.
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and partners. Influence Motivate and Develop a strong workforce.
- Ability to interact with senior levels of management, internally and externally.
- System and process management orientation.
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Fluency in English and local language