incrediblue is busting the myth that boating is only for the rich and famous by enabling any traveller to book an amazing holiday on a boat. As it happened in lodging and in transportation, incrediblue is changing the travel industry again, by introducing a whole new travel category; boating. Boating is the ultimate vacation with all the comforts of being at home while you are exploring new destinations.
We’re looking for ambitious professionals to join our world-class team in what is becoming one of the world’s most innovative travel brands. We are an innovation driven, committed and fun to be around team, where every contribution, no matter how little or big, counts. With growth comes great responsibility, so if you're an exceptionally good numbers person who wants to work in a world-class internet company, you are in the right place. As with all incrediblue team members, we’re looking for someone who takes pride in their entrepreneurial spirit, discipline, proactivity, guerilla mindset and great teamwork skills. That’s us!
About the position
As a bookkeeper you will be responsible for the creation of financial transactions and financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
At incrediblue you will be responsible for carrying out all duties associated with accounting processes:
Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Assist in the issuance of financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountants who creates the group's financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Monitor the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- The position initially offers a 6-month contract, in order to fill in for a coworker who will be on maternity leave, with the potential of offering a permanent contract.
Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent use of spreadsheets
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under strict dead lines
- Ability to travel at least 3 days per month
- Training requires minimum 2 week in our HQ in Volos
Pleasant working environment in a dynamic company
- Apple workstation
- Cutting edge software and tools to boost your productivity
- Lunch credits
- Employee travel discount coupon