As a Software Developeryou will bepart of a very competent software team and you will beable to contribute in all phases of the development process. You will beresponsible for Java/Java EE application development, supporting business objectives while providing expertise in full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You willanalyze, design and build component-based applications in an enterprise Web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, modelling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration. You willperform hands-on coding and, mentor junior developers and assist in architecting solutions. You should have acquired in-depth knowledge of working on high volume, low latency, real-time multithreaded platforms of mission-critical systems.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient software modules.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and that specifications cover all needed aspects of the implementation.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Provide support for production systems.
- Create design documentation and review and provide feedback on test plans.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Support and coach junior developers.
- Contribute in hiring process.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2 -5 years of full time Software Development experience in a product company is required, along with a minimum of2 years on Java.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java SE / EE platforms.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and have attention to detail. Understanding of the application development and deployment life cycle and methodologies is a must.
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic environment and ability to balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed.
- Ability to work well under pressure with track record of meeting deadlines in sometimes challenging situations.
- Team player.
- Dependable, reliable, with clear thinking and attention to detail.
- Flexible work style to get the job done without compromising quality standards.
- Attention to detail.