9 August 2015
Open to: nationals of the EU with completed or ongoing studies related to the internship project
Remuneration: a maintenance grant of EUR 776 per month
Applications are invited for the internship project at the European Police Office (Europol) that focuses on supporting the management of the European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) in the area of communications. The successful applicants will join the project for a period of 6 months (40 hours a week), at Europol premises in The Hague, The Netherlands. Activities within this project will be related to:
- Preparation of interactive presentations;
- Video-making and preparation of infographics, presentations, and other EC3 communications products;
- Support to the organisation of EC3 related events, seminars, conferences and cybercrime related visits (logistics and communication, incl. minute taking);
- Support to the programme and budget management related activities.
Internship candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have reached the age of majority in their country of origin;
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed or ongoing university studies or vocational training relevant for the tasks of Europol (e.g. Communications and Media, Journalism, Public Administration, European Studies, and International Relations);
- Have very good knowledge of at least two European Union languages, of which one should be English;
- Provide a recent Certificate of Good Conduct prior to commencing the internship. Annex A of Europol Decision of the Director on Internships sets out an overview of relevant certificates for each of the Member States.
Successful candidates should meet following requirements:
- Proficient user of IT applications in general, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher), Visio and the internet;
- Experience in working with the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop;
- Experience in working with Prezi presentational software;
- Experience in using the following video editing and video animation software tools would be considered as an advantage: Adobe Premiere, Camtasia Studio and VideoScribe (or similar).
Interns meeting the eligibility criteria are awarded a monthly maintenance grant of EUR 776 per month during the period of internship. Interns receiving the grant and whose place of selection is more than 50 km from The Hague are entitled to the reimbursement of the travel expenses incurred at the beginning and end of the internship. All interns are insured by Europol against the risk of accident or death while present or having a link to Europol premises.How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 9 August 2015. To apply please complete the online application form HERE.