Workable is a SaaS hiring platform targeting SMBs. Backed by some of the world's top VCs, the company grew tenfold in 2014. With a team of 50 in Athens, London and Boston, Workable is serving over 2,000 businesses in North America and Europe.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to provide assistance to the finance department. The selected candidate will be responsible for transactional accounting in several international entities, and assist with financial reporting as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
Maintain general ledger accounts
- Confirm accuracy and process vendor & supplier invoicing, expense forms, and payment requests in a timely manner
- Prepare periodic reports for management
- Help develop and maintain business procedures and accounting policies to strengthen internal control
- Support year-end close and assist in the preparation of the financial statements
Relevant experience, preferably in the tech industry
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master's degree and professional qualification (ACCA, CPA) will be considered an asset
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software (preferably cloud-based, e.g. Xero)
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
Stock option plan
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Workstation hardware of your choice
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender,
religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.