Position: Store Keeper
Organisation: MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
Project: Μigrants in Transit (MIT) – Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: Long term contract (3 months trial period)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict,without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Is in charge of activities related to stock management (reception, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of food items and general logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
- Ensures that the storage conditions are acceptable and respect MSF standards :
- Stocks must be well ventilated and kept at correct temperature and humidity.
- Items must be stacked safely, in an organized manner, following the MSF guidelines.
- Stocks must be organized logically and neatly.
- Ensures that the warehouse facilities are supplied with related equipment and consumables (stock cards, cardboard boxes, adhesive tape, ladders, trolleys etc.)
- Systematically follows FIFO procedures for all items with expiry date (First In – First Out).
Reception and dispatch
- Proceeds to reception of goods from local purchases (together with purchaser), international orders or projects returns.
- Checks if items and quantities match with documentation (purchase orders or packing lists)
- Checks quality and general conditions of parcels before writing comments, dating and signing reception doc.
- Reports any discrepancies (document, quantity & quality) immediately to his line manager.
- If items for stock, checks the content of parcels, updates stock management tools and places goods in stock
- If items for transit, checks the number of boxes and places them in dispatch zone.
- Follows the needs of the MSF staff and provides them with the requested consumable goods through weekly / monthly orders. Accurate predictions should be made based on delivery times.
- Prepares outgoing goods according to written demand for dispatch delivered by the appropriate persons : picking, labelling, document preparation (packing list). Report information to his line manager.
- Supervise handling staff (daily workers) when required.
Stock control and movements tracking
- Updates the stock management tools according to MSF standards and mission supply guideline
- Stock cards update at each movement IN or OUT
- Q4 (Excel file) update once a month
- Analyzes the stock with the help of Excel stock management tools and immediately report all alerts to his line manager.
- Share the excel stock management tool with his line manager on monthly basis
- Leads a physical inventory of the full stock before every stock refilling order (according to planning order established by Supply Team Leader) or at least every 3 months.
- Inventory report must be shared with the line manager, including a small action plan in case of high discrepancy percentage (higher than 10 %)
- Ensures limited access to the warehouse : access must be kept restricted only to the allowed persons
- Ensures security of the warehouse : stock must be kept secure with adequate locks
- Ensures respect of GDP rules : no food, no drink, no smoke inside the warehouse, no boxes on the floor, no walking on boxes.
- Ensures cleanliness of the warehouse
- Computer literacy (essential)
- Secondary education (essential)
- Very good knowledge of English language (essential).
- Warehouse management related studies (desirable)
- Previous experience as storekeeper (desirable).
- Opportunity to work in an international environment.
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English in the following email address quoting reference code " Store Keeper-Athens.1" in the subject line of the e-mail.:
Closing date: 31.08.2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted