Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the internal controls system, the reporting cycle of the foreign subsidiaries and for ensuring that all contracts signed meet profitability, tax and cash flow requirements. Responsibilities will include providing financial guidance to all members of the international finance team, developing and preparing standards and procedures for consolidated reporting and group tax planning.
Setting, maintaining and monitoring system of internal controls
- Providing guidance, support and direction for the resolution of accounting issues for all international entities and the implementation of Group policies
and processes and, in cooperation with subsidiary Finance teams, improving collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Overseeing the consolidation process and identifying potential errors in comparison with actual vs budget results; monitoring the effectiveness of the
- Ensuring that all contracts signed meet profitability, capacity, legal, tax and cash flow requirements; develop standard contract terms and ensure liaison
among sales, finance and legal
- Group tax planning
The ideal candidate must meet the following:
Minimum 7 years of financial management experience in Greece and/or abroad; a combination of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm and with a
high-tech/services company is desired
- Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and Greek financial regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications with excellent PC/technology skills (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
- Ability to present complex financial information in concise and actionable format
- Hands on, results driven, can-do attitude
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills both in English and Greek
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and sensitivity to time to meet
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance, ACCA or MBA are preferred
ChannelVAS is a developer of Mobile Value Added Services that includes Virtual Airtime Distribution, Mobile Financial, Mobile Advertising and Content
services for Mobile Operators. Our technology programs in Athens, Cairo and Delhi deliver concepts and technologies that are at the forefront of mobile
Virtual Airtime Distribution optimizes the airtime distribution mix by adding a channel that is accessible via SMS, USSD, IVR, Web and App, whereas our Mobile Advertising platform propels Mobile Operators into the digital ad ecosystem – see AdVoice for further details.
Through adding value to our clients’ top line revenues and to their subscribers’ experiences, we have attained strong positions in the African and Middle East markets. We are now in the process of replicating the same in the Latin American, Asian Pacific and Western regions.
ChannelVAS is a member of the Channel IT Group, an international Telecom Services & Supplies company and a market leader in Mobile Network Infrastructure, Airtime Credit Services and Mobile Value Added Services.