Jr. Manager, Newsroom/Publishing, Greece & Cyprus @ Adidas
Location: Athens, Greece
Country: Greece Job Function: Marketing & Communications
State / Province: Greece Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Athens Brand: adidas
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage brand advocacy and momentum by connecting fans of the brand with the content and experiences they are passionate about and ensure they are incentivized and rewarded for their actions.
Managing publishing strategy, based on global/ WE/local standards, for adidas key categories and concepts and effectively execute against it.
- Establish strong media contacts throughout the Market.
- Day-to-day oversight and operation of the social media newsroom in the key market.
- Ensure the brand is “always on” through a good mix of local and global content published on all relevant social platforms. Direct the right stories to
the right people at the right time.
- Manage publishing, moderation and community management of relevant social channels.
- Focus on the local market community touch points, ensuring close collaboration and partnership with various x-functional partners (CRM, Sports Marketing,
Trade Marketing, eComm, Trend, Entertainment Influence Marketing the on-site)
- Execute the global publishing plan to ensure the global stories are being communicated at the right time and place. Guide the decision making around
which local stories will be sourced and covered. Optimize content for all platforms and search engines and ensure that it feeds the overall ecosystem
- Create and monitor KPI’s, take remedial action & recommendations
- Establish the most simple and efficient links between Publishing and DTC traffic and conversion
Brand Activation Lead
- Global Newsroom Editors
- Local Brand Activation Team
- Global Trade and Sports Marketing
- Local Media and Influencers
- Global Social Managers
Brand Health KPIS
- Market Share
- Market Sales vs Plan
- Market Direct Brand Contribution vs Plan
- Optimization of Global vs. Market social feeds and content
- Budget management
- Execution excellence in brand concepts/stories
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven communicator – both written and verbal
- Minimum 3 years experience in PR and Digital Marketing
- Marketing Budget management
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
- Experience in a multinational organization preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Proven understanding of social and digital publishing
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in local language
- University degree in Business, ideally in Sales and/or Marketing focus