Administrative Assistant job description
Being an Administrative Assistant is all about making sure that day-to-day office tasks are done smoothly. It’s about working as part of a team, keeping things in order and undertaking clerical and secretarial duties.
- Carrying administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Booking conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Monitoring stationary levels and ordering office supplies.
- Covering the reception desk.
- Provide information to internal colleagues or external enquirers.
- Taking accurate minutes of meetings.
- Coordinating office procedures.
- Relying to email, telephone or face to face enquiries.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing the post.
- Answering telephone calls and passing them on.
- Managing staff appointments.
- Coordinating repairs to office equipment.
- Greeting and assisting visitors to the office.
- Photocopying and printing out documents on behalf of other colleagues.
Key skills required
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Diary Management
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Managing administrative processes.
- A good level of English spelling and grammar.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good telephone answering skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High level of discretion and judgment.
- Not getting bored easily.
- Having a lot of patience.
Includes attractive competitive base salary and benefits, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast paced environment that provides the opportunity for rapid career development.