Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: Until end of March 2016
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the Greece Response, the Finance & Award Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Greece SMT. The Finance & Award Manager in his/her capacity is responsible for finance administration, fiscal management, award management, and financial and award reporting, in the emergency context.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience at a similar level in an NGO
- Previous line management experience
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to challenging working environments within a developing country context
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues in financial management, applying sustainable solutions, and achieving results
- Proven experience in training and capacity building of staff and teams, including coaching and mentoring staff
- Knowledge and use of financial software packages
- Willing to undertake travel for approximately 70% of the time (deployments of up to 3 months at a time)
- Ability to adapt quickly to a new environment and achieve results with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated ability of working with a range of stakeholders in a matrix system
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of and previous use of Agresso financial software
- International work experience in a developing country
- Spanish and / or French language skills
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Closing date: Sunday 18 October 2015