1. Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.This includes positioning content in under 140 characters for Twitter,creating images and graphics to accompany Facebook and Twitter posts, taking and curating photos and videos for visual platforms like Instagram, Vine, and Periscope, coming up with several iterations of post copy (since the lifespan of a social media post is so short), and even creating content from scratch specifically for growing a following on social media
2. Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
3. Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
4. Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
5. Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
1. Outgoing personality
2. Writing skills: blog posting in English, a journalistic background will be highly appreciated
3. Social media experience: at least 2 years
4. Interest in travel and/or sailing
5. Proficient in English
- Working within a great environment, in a growing digital business.
- Opportunities for progression within the company