Role title: IPTV engineer
Reports to: BSS Supervisor
Location: Tzavella 1-3 Halandri
Provide support to IPTV services (live channels and VoD) platform on both system functionality and application level. Maintain and improve the high level of service offered to customers, at the minimum operational cost and in order to contribute to company profitability and growth.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Manage any Incident or Problem as 2nd Layer support. Provide consultation to NOC, technical escalation to vendor and provide feedback during incidents
- Perform daily health checks. Ensure smooth operation and develop procedures for proactive purposes
- Contribute on new releases’ and execute deployment on production environment Supervise any such action done by vendors
- Maintain service assets, register and maintain their configuration items secure
- Plan and execute service affecting WO in low traffic hours, eliminate any possible risk and communicate all changes appropriately within organization
- Be responsible for the protection of the system for possible vulnerabilities. Be compliant to local regulatory rules
- Produce reports for service usage and performance KPIs, for incidents and problems management purposes. Provide services statistics
- Supervise part of Projects/Works in relation to the OPEX budget, apply initiatives for budget reduction
- Perform trainings to NOC, COPS etc. per request; distribute knowledge via internal sessions to team members
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with complex projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently if needed and to take initiatives during platforms and services deployment and services’ certification
- Ability to work as a Microsoft Administrator
- Understanding of Media Streaming and TV Contribution technologies
- Communicating with impact
- Reporting and Analysis skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in computer science, communication engineering, electronic engineering or very closely related science/engineering
- Three (3) years’ experience of Video Encoders and Video Streaming Technologies
- Three (3) years’ experience of Media Room Framework of IPTV
- Very good knowledge of IP Networks, protocols and FWs
- Experience in telecommunications or Computer Systems or Computers networking and Internet services
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating System and Databases. Ability to work as Windows Admin (IIS, MS-SQL, ASP, FTP).
- Good knowledge on Scripting/Programming development.
- Very good problem-solving and communication skills.