Accountant – Athens Designer Outlet
McArthurGlen Group Mission
“To create the finest designer outlet experience in Europe”
McArthurGlen Group Vision
“Continuously enhancing the quality of our customer experience, the lives of all our employees, the performance of our brand partners, and the communities where we do business.”
Purpose of Posotion
To support the Finance Manager with regards to accounting, financial and administrative activities, with particular regard to billing, credit control and treasury, including the management company.
To support the Centre’s Financial Accountant in reporting, analysis and general ledger.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of tenants according to the lease agreement terms.
- Maintain the sales ledger by booking cash receipts, posting journal entries and reconciling the trial balance to the general ledger.
- Ensure adherence to robust collection control processes and escalate any debt issues to Finance Manager and Centre Manager.
- Continuously seek to improve processes and systems delivering best practice in collaboration with the colleagues across Southern Europe and the Head Office.
- Prepare weekly and monthly Aged Debtor reporting and update comments in monthly management and quarterly investor reports.
- Support the reporting team in the rental and income analysis, bad debt calculation, cash flow forecast and any related report.
- Maintain and update the Tenancy Schedule with relevant lease information.
- Assist the Finance Manager in: monthly closing (journal entries and preparation of supporting documents), bank reconciliations, cash flow preparation and other treasury matters.
- Establish relationships and resolve any queries raised by tenants in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage bank guarantees by updating the records, following up with tenants on guarantee renewal and cashing guarantees when needed.
- File and archive financial records, including bank statements.
- Manage or support management company activities such as payroll processing, personnel related issues, accounts payable and reporting.
- Support the Finance Manager in the implementation of any special finance project.
- Support the annual statutory audit and tax audit of the Company.
- Any other ad hoc work as requested.
- Occasionally there will a be requirement (on a rota basis) to undertake duty management of the centre.
Southern Europe Finance Team
1. Customer Focus
2. Good communication & interpersonal skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Ability to work under tight deadlines
6. Drive for results
7. Commercial judgment
9. Innovative & problem solving
10. Developing potential
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience in a commercial industry.
- Good knowledge of local GAAP.
- Knowledge of accounting ERPs.
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the retail and / or real estate industry.
- Credit control / accounts receivable experience.
- Accounting qualification or A’ class signatory rights.
- Acquaintance with IFRS.
- MRI experience