We are seeking for our office in Athens a
Senior Systems and Operations Engineer
(Job Code: SSOE/06.2016)
Type of Employment: Permanent
Job Location: Maroussi, Athens
The Senior Systems and Operations Engineer will be responsible for the smooth running of the company’s hardware and software systems, on premises and on our hosted environments. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, following and improving the necessary processes and procedures for flawless operation of the company’s products and services. The role demands strong technical and communication skills, and the ability to collaborate closely with the company’s partners and the Project Management and Product Development teams.
- Configure, deploy and support the company’s products
- Take responsibility for the company’s support procedures
- Install, administer and troubleshoot computer hardware, software and network systems
- Collaborate with hosting providers for provisioning and troubleshooting of infrastructure and services
- Monitor systems to pre-empt failure and take prompt corrective action in case of failure
- Perform administrative and configuration tasks on Web Servers, Application Servers and Databases
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support
- Constantly seek ways to improve the service provided to the business through adoption of improved procedures and tools
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a systems engineering role
- Good communication skills, especially working with cross-functional teams
- High level of autonomy and ability to work with minimum supervision
- An interest in seeking improvements to processes and technologies, to better support the business goals of the company
- Strong organizational, communication & writing skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Experience with collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Practical experience with the following technologies:
- Monitoring and Alerting systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc)
- RedHat/CentOS Linux
- Apache HTTP Server and Java EE container technologies (Tomcat, JBoss)
- Oracle and MySQL databases
- Experience with the following will be considered a plus:
- Configuration Management Systems (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine)
- Revision Control Systems (Git, Mercury, Subversion)
- Containerization Technology (LXC, Docker)
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluent in English (Cambridge English Proficiency or equivalent)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Additional relevant professional qualifications will be considered a plus
The company offers a competitive salary, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic environment with rapid career development prospects.
C/dialogues offers superior mobile marketing solutions to its global clients, by enabling them to uniquely interact with their audience. Our expertise in delivering a human-like dialogue experience between brands and their customers, delivers outstanding results in consumer engagement and retention.
With a global mobile audience of more than 6 billion subscribers, C/dialogues is continuously evolving its Mobile Dialogue technique and rapidly engaging a constantly increasing mobile global audience portion. Leading Mobile Operators entrust us their brand for delivering the ultimate rewarding and interactive experience to their customers, building in this way, a remarkably strong consumer – brand relationship with long-term financial prospect.
C/Profiler Suite, our proprietary software, outperforms industry standards, by constantly incorporating novel solutions, intelligently adapting to the dynamic mobile marketing ecosystem. Accuracy in real-time analysis of highly tailored and targeted campaigns is the outcome of advanced knowledge of Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, consumer Psychology and Linguistics, appropriately incorporated as algorithmic formats into multiple core software modules.
C/dialogues is thus the optimum choice for High Revenue generation by monetizing personalization.
All applications are considered as strictly confidential